DANNY KINGAD QUOTES AHEAD OF ONE: CONQUEST OF HEROES




21 September 2018 – Jakarta, Indonesia: Team Lakay flyweight standout and former ONE World Title Challenger Danny “The King” Kingad of Baguio City, Philippines is set to face top Japanese prospect Yuya “Little Piranha” Wakamatsu this Saturday night.

The 22-year-old Philippine wushu champion will appear on the main card of ONE: CONQUEST OF HEROES, set for Saturday, 22 September at the Jakarta Convention Center in Jakarta, Indonesia. “The King” looks strong and ready for a tough challenge. Here is what he had to say ahead of his next bout.

Ticket information for ONE: CONQUEST OF HEROES is available at www.onefc.com.

Danny “The King” Kingad:

“I have learned a lot over the past year since my experience challenging for the ONE Flyweight World Championship. I can say that I have improved a lot since then. I am definitely more serious now when it comes to my training, especially that I am now a father. I think that has been the most evident in my last bout against Ma Hao Bin. I showed that I can take on a very tough opponent and get the victory. Although I wasn’t able to finish him, I was happy with my performance. In my next fight, I know it’s going to be even tougher but I am well-prepared.”

“I have seen a few of [Yuya Wakamatsu’s] highlights, and I know that he is a very dangerous opponent. He likes to strike and I think he will try to strike with me. But I am ready to take this fight wherever it will go, whether that’s on the ground or it stays on the feet, I have no problem. I’m a well-rounded martial artist and so is he. Fans will be happy with our fight. I think Wakamatsu’s strength is the striking however, so let’s see. I am ready for a stand up war. I believe it will also be a good test for me.”

“I definitely don’t like to predict what will happen because this is mixed martial arts. Anything can happen in the ring or the cage. We just have to be prepared for all situations. I have worked very hard with my brothers at Team Lakay over the past few months, despite the heavy rain in Baguio. We even had no electricity in the gym for a short period because the building’s transformer blew out, but we improvised and we made adjustments. This is what I love about our team, we do whatever it takes to work hard. Training is very important for us.”

“There is added pressure for me to win this bout of course, since I am setting the tone for Joshua [Pacio] who is fighting in the main event for the title. This is a special fight for me too because I have to win for my friend and give him good vibes before he climbs atop the ring. Wakamatsu is a dangerous opponent but I will do everything in my power to win. I’m ripped and ready for Saturday night.”

Kingad takes on Wakamatsu at ONE: CONQUEST OF HEROES, set for Saturday, 22 September at the Jakarta Convention Center in Jakarta, Indonesia. Also on the card is ONE Strawweight World Champion Yoshitaka “Nobita” Naito of Japan who defends his title against Joshua “The Passion” Pacio of the Philippines in the main event.

For more updates on ONE Championship, please visit www.onefc.com, follow us on Twitter and Instagram @ONEChampionship, and like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ONEChampionship.

About ONE Championship™
ONE Championship is the largest global sports media property in Asian history. Headquartered in Singapore, ONE Championship is the home of martial arts and is the world's largest martial arts organization, hosting bouts across all styles of martial arts such as Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Karate, Kung Fu, Silat, Sanda, Lethwei, Mixed Martial Arts, Tae Kwon Do, Submission Grappling, and more. The world’s most exciting martial arts organization hosts the largest sports entertainment events across Asia, featuring some of the world's best martial artists and world champions, all signed to exclusive contracts, on the largest media broadcast in Asia. In addition to its digital platforms, ONE Championship broadcasts to over 1.7 billion potential viewers across 138 countries around the world with some of the largest global broadcasters, including Fox Sports, ABS-CBN, Astro, ClaroSports, Bandsports, Startimes, Premier Sports, Thairath TV, Skynet, Mediacorp, OSN, and more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CINEMA LINES NATIONWIDE ALIGN WITH “THE FAULT IN OUR STARS” WHEN IT OPENS JUNE 5 IN THE PHILIPPINES

16 boys, 10 girls make it to National Training Camp of Jr. NBA Philippines 2014 presented by Alaska, 797 join Regional Selection Camp

Mapúa Launches School of Health Sciences and New Health Sciences Programs in Collaboration with Arizona State University; Announces AC Health Partnership